Saturday 7 May 2011

As always, I am so grateful for my collaborations with amazing people along this journey of life... I learn along the way, from each and every one of them... and my guitarist, John, is no exception!  When we work up these songs...we play and play...and it is SO good, because it helps me learn my scales and find out where the notes can mix and match! 

Here's an excerpt from one of the projects upon which we're working!  And, it's interesting, because as John is working with timing and chords, I'm playing my music, thinking entirely in images of the desert!  When we realized we're coming at this music from such different strategies, we decided to write words to our melody so that we knew where to hinge the melody and improve our timing in working together...

Desert Showers
Janina Carlstad/John Fletcher - 2011

Listen to the sounds of the desert as it soaks up the brand new rain
You can feel the flowers bloom as the sun comes out again
Desert showers come rarely, from up on cloudy skies
But they freshen up the desert air like your smile lights up my eyes

Come walk with me in the desert shower, hear th’ music ev’rywhere
As it floats out on the desert breeze and the life that we find there
Come walk with me in the desert shower, hear th’ music ev’rywhere
As it floats out on the desert breeze and the life that we find there...

No comments:

Post a Comment