Thursday 28 April 2011

Land of the Peace

The land
Spring Light
fills me up
feeds my soul
I see trees -
trunks tall, gray
and bare
I hear finches,
juncoes, nuthatches
in song
ringing from the trees
as I feel the fresh air
in the breezes
ripple through my hair
sent from up on high
where trails of wispy clouds
white vapors
that trace the sky
bring to mind
wild horses
in the shapes that leap
to my eye

I wonder at
the trickling waters
rushing through
the culverts there
as winter's snow
melts and flows
bringing moisture
to forest life.
I soak up the atmosphere
of each moss, lichen and leaf
heart swaying
in time with
the dancing line
of trunks
bent in wind's mischief...
My soul flies high
with that V of swans
or explores with
the hunting toad
and listens to the
vibrancy in life
all around me -
all ONE heart can hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment